Graduate Fellowship Program
The NGO Fellowship Program is a minimum 1-year and maximum 3-year work placement designed to provide passionate and motivated graduates / professionals with NGO leadership opportunities in the sectors of empowerment and regenerative sustainable development work, team, and program/ project management, human resources, marketing, social business management, and communication.
Fellows are awarded a manager / coordinator position. They are provided with additional training and will be responsible for managing their own department consisting of staff, interns, and/or students.
The Fellowship Program is open to anybody who has already completed 3-6 months as an intern with EduCARE India or its affiliate program organisations / institutions displaying leadership potential and desired work ethics.
Fellowships are awarded to applicants based on a number of key performance indicators and reviews conducted throughout the course of their internship. These include having a positive and professional attitude, a strong commitment to shared goals and mission of the organisation, work ethics, meeting required goals and objectives, and managing challenges appropriately.
Fellows make effort to learn the art and science of leadership, team-building, and impact-making through practicing fifteen key competencies, namely: Inter-cultural Global Perspectives, Self Awareness, Systems and Design Thinking, Environmental Consciousness, Intrapreneurship, and Social Entrepreneurship, Collaborative Work, Interpersonal skills and developing facilitation, Coaching and Mentoring, Emotional Skills / Intelligence (EI), Prudence, Courage, Conflict Management, Decision Making, Leadership and Influence Skills, and Area Expertise/Competence, while working to further develop organisation systems and fieldwork projects in the local community areas.
As a Fellow, beyond one’s work project, one has to also take up additional responsibilities as a coordinator that includes target recruitment to maintain hr and financial sustainability.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities with leadership experience
- Accommodation and work-related expenses paid by the organisation / its outsource services
- A monthly stipend of approximately $150 USD per month for meals and personal care items
- Reimbursement of one-way flight ticket to home country on completion of your fellowship tenure.
- One year medical insurance and visa extension fee (reimbursed at the completion of the Fellowship period)
- Work-based experiential learning in form of a certificate program (work-related field)
- 1 or 2-year diploma (for 2-year Fellows) from a university / professional learning institution in India
- 6 weeks holiday plus designated 1-week study time every 6-months in a calendar year
* Note that the fellowship award/stipends are linked to individual performance indicators. Every fellow has to undertake the first 3-months of the Fellowship time as probationary time.
Young Professional Program
The EduCARE India NGO – Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is an initiative aiming to provide opportunities to talented, highly qualified professionals to explore a career change in the development and non-profit sector, as well as to improve the geographical representation, promote gender parity, and professional skills enhancement in the organisation at international level.
The NGO Fellowship Program is a minimum 3-year and maximum 5-year work placement designed to provide passionate and motivated graduates / professionals with NGO leadership opportunities in the sectors of sustainable development work; program / project management, Human resources management, Public Relations, Communications, and Marketing, Social business development; Human Resource training & development.