Who We Are
NGO – Identity & Philosophy
EduCARE India, is a self-sustainable and autonomous sustainable development and community benefit not-for-profit NGO registered under Societies Registration Act in India.
EduCARE India NGO is committed to the cause of greater global good by trying to make a difference with the following vision, mission, goals, and values.
Every human being is capable, confident and responsible global citizen.
EduCARE envisions a world where all people have the opportunity and capacity to direct social, environmental, and economic resources toward sustainable outcomes that improve individual lives, the communities and the natural environments that we live in.
EduCARE’s mission is to:
- Develop and administer effective programs that have at their core the goals of spreading knowledge and awareness, imparting skills, creating opportunities and capacity building among individuals, families and community groups leading to regenerative sustainable development;
- Develop and implement creative community-based strategies to enhance pathways for social justice, public health, economic empowerment, intellectual freedom, and ecological consciousness among individuals, families and social groups working to achieve their rationalized Life Dreams.
Our goals are:
- to be an NGO, known for its commitment and credibility for developing innovating programs that helps build local capacity and inspiring leadership, resilient civic institutions, and innovative projects for community education, engagement and regenerative sustainable development in the communities that we work with;
- to support and complement the policies and initiatives of local, regional, and national governments NGO/CSR initiatives aimed at social justice, public health, economic empowerment, education and life skills, and environment conservation;
- to design, develop and implement systems and processes for sustainable development at grass-root level supporting the inter-governmental – international initiatives on regenerative sustainable development, including the SDGs;
- to create opportunities for interested aspiring young leaders and women to develop global perspectives, explore their own potential, develop leadership skills, and contribute to community based sustainable development initiatives;
- to leverage and utilise the potential of social entrepreneurship and volunteer action through young people and women in leadership.
Our values are at the core of all that we, as an organisation, do. Our commitment to applying the values to the way we work makes us unique among other, similar, development NGOs. We are:
- Global-local Citizens,
- Experiential Learners,
- System and Design Thinkers,
- Applied Researchers,
- Future Leaders,
- Grass-root level development workers,
- Social Innovators,
- Community Educators and capacity builders,
- Reliable partners and team-members,
- Humane and Responsive,
- Culturally Sensitive and respectful,
- Ethical and professional
We value honesty, integrity, dedication to our cause and the motivation and resolve to overcome any obstacles. Self-initiative and leadership combined with cultural sensitivity and teamwork are the primary traits we hope to discover and promote among our team-members.
Our Principles & Beliefs
Our philosophy relies on the principles and belief that:
- Local communities are capable of developing from within, without external financial aid;
- Creative and new approaches to problems are needed to cause a real and sustainable impact;
- If we lead by example creating new solutions, we can inspire people to join / follow us;
- Volunteering and a general belief in the need to help each other should serve as the base of change;
- A social entrepreneurial approach is the most effective and sustainable;
- Allowing people to rely on charity for their livelihood encourages ‘rent-seeking’ behavior, discourages self-help, and is thus not supported;
- A lot can be done with willpower and passion; money is not the only agent for change;
- Awareness through education is the basis of creating a desire to develop sustain-ably;
- Youth can be at the lead for community based sustainable development through engagement, development and role-modelling approach.