Women Empowerment and Gender Issues program aims to empower and educate young women to gain the skills and knowledge that will allow them to make informed and educated decisions as well as providing them with greater tools and resources to overcome obstacles in their lives. It aims to strengthen their ability to make decisions and have greater control over their personal circumstances through a combination of education, advocacy and rights based programs.
Women Empowerment and Gender Issues program facilitates young women’s ability to self-empower, lead and demand social change.
This program is in alignment with United Nations SDG 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. Our program aims to work towards few / all of the following SDG 5targets such as:
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere.
- Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation.
- Eliminate all harmful practices, such as child, early and forced marriage and female genital mutilation.
- Recognize and value unpaid care and domestic work through the provision of public services, infrastructure and social protection policies and the promotion of shared responsibility within the household and the family as nationally appropriate.
- Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life.
- Ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights as agreed in accordance with the Program of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Beijing Platform for Action and the outcome documents of their review conferences.
- Undertake reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws.
- Enhance the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women.
- Adopt and strengthen sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels.
All projects :
- Girl’s Empowerment Club
- Young Women’s Association
- Community Cultural Cooperative for Art, Craft and Theatre
You may visit our blog to read about some of our past projects / fieldwork:
For more information, contact the Program Coordinator at email@example.com