The Public Health and Medical Outreach initiatives ares focused on supporting and assisting communities in improving their personal, social and environmental health. Through grassroots solutions, the Public Health and Medical Outreach aims to contribute to SDG 3. i.e. Health and Well-being for All by promoting health education, research, healthy living, preventative health measures, and improve access to healthcare services.
Why and Where?
Though a lot of policies and programs are being run by the Government, the success and effectiveness of these programs has need gaps in the implementation. In rural and poor peri-urban / rurban India, where the number of Primary health care centers is limited, many centers do not have medical / para-medical staff.
To control the spread of diseases and reduce the growing rates of mortality due to lack of adequate health facilities, special attention needs to be given to the health care in rural and poor rural-urban areas.
Public Health and Community medical outreach programs for bringing health education and health screening services directly to community members. Such programs are consistent with the priority areas of our initiatives for reducing health disparities.
Public Health and Medical Outreach activities
Our Public Health and Medical Outreach programs play a critical role in improving and extending the reach of health care through activities such as health surveys, basic health screening, health education, case management, and facilitating access to services. These activities can directly and indirectly improve health outcomes of individuals and communities. The Outreach activities that improve health outcomes may include:
- facilitating community organizing and community empowerment (reaching out to community members in order to identify their health issues and to develop plans addressing those issues)
- sharing culturally appropriate health education
- providing informal counseling and social support
- acting as advocates and connecting people to services
- supporting ongoing disease self-management skills
Programs can also increase positive health outcomes by strengthening the continuity of care and working with rural and migrant populations by connecting patients to services in other areas.
Our initiatives are an excellent resource to bridge case management under our umbrella organisation on public healthcare and medical outreach – Initiatives for Public Health and Medical Outreach (IPHMO).
Some of our Healthcare – Public Health and Medical Outreach related projects include;
- EnRICH Access : Health Awareness and First Aid Assistance Centre
- AYUSH-RISM : Ayush – Ayurveda and Regional Indian Systems of Medicine
- Safe Mother and Child Care : Reproductive, Maternal Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health
- WaSH – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Preventive Health
- Shelter Home for Homeless
- Animal Care through Education and Veterinary Outreach
- Public Safety: Disaster Management and Emergency Planning
- Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience
Partners / Network / Support:
Our various projects are possible due to worthy engagements / network partnerships / support of many an esteemed local, national and international governmental, non-profit NGOs and business organisations.