Every human being is capable, confident and responsible global citizen.
EduCARE envisions a world where all people have the opportunity and capacity to direct social, environmental, and economic resources toward sustainable outcomes that improve lives and communities.
EduCARE’s mission is to
– develop and administer effective programs that have at their core the goals of spreading knowledge and awareness, imparting skills, creating opportunities and capacity building amongst individuals, families and community groups leading to sustainable development.;
– to develop and implement creative community-based strategies to enhance pathways for social justice, public health, economic empowerment, intellectual freedom, and ecological consciousness amongst individuals, families and social groups working to achieve their rationalized Life Dreams.
Our goals are;
– to be the leading NGO, known for its commitment and credibility for developing innovating programs that helps build local capacity and inspiring leadership, resilient civic institutions, and innovative projects for community education, engagement and sustainable development in the communities that we work with;
– to support and complement the policies and initiatives of local, regional, and national governments NGO/SCR initiatives aimed at social justice, public health, economic empowerment, education and life skills, and environment conservation;
– to design, develop and implement systems and processes for sustainable development at grassroot level supporting the inter-governmental – international initiatives on sustainable development, including the SDGs;
– to create opportunities for interested aspiring young leaders and women to develop global perspectives, explore their own potential, develop leadership skills, and contribute to community based sustainable development initiatives;
– to develop leadership potential amoungst youth and women through experiential learning through professional internships and projects-based social entrepreneurship and volunteer action
Our Inspiration / Motivation
We are inspired by the idea of motivated youth contributing to greater global good by leading community education and sustainable development initiatives based on the principles of SEVA and global-local citizenship.
EduCARE India creates own self-sustainable support systems through social entrepreneurship and volunteer action.
EduCARE India does NOT receive any charity donations or external financial aid from general public, government or businesses.
We are not a charity organisation that runs on external aid but an autonomous social enterprise that firmly believes in financial sustainability from within itself, created in the local area. We believe that to address the need gaps of education, environmental and empowerment issues in rural areas, we need self-sustainable and innovative community organisations. We therefore conduct some of our activities in such a way that we meet our human resources, material resources and monetary through social entrepreneurship and volunteer action.
These resources come from different initiatives including, but not limited to, funding through the pooling of resources from social entrepreneurs, trustees and other members of the organisation. In the past we have generated our own funds by participating in some social entrepreneurial endeavors such as publishing information and career books.
The SEVA principle integrates with other principles and beliefs such as social equity and integrated sustainable development, grassroots level community engagement and education, systems and design thinking, youth and women in development leadership etc.
Our values are at the core of all that we, as an organisation, do. Our commitment to applying the values to the way we work makes us unique amongst other, similar, development NGOs.
1. Self-motivated, 2. Experiential Learners, 3. System and Design Thinkers, 4. Researchers, 5. Global-local Citizens, 6. Leaders, 7. Grassroot level development workers, 8. Social Innovators, 9. Community Educators and capacity builders, 10. Change-makers/change-agents, 11. Team-members, 12. Reliable partners, 13. Humane and Responsive, 14. Culturally Sensitive and respectful, 15. Ethical and professional
We value honesty, integrity, dedication to our cause and the motivation and resolve to overcome any obstacles. Self-initiative and leadership combined with cultural sensitivity and teamwork are the primary traits we hope to discover and promote amongst our team-members.
EduCARE India, is a self-sustainable autonomous NGO and a Community Benefit Organisation with registered No. 1430/2004-05 under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 of Govt of India, registered at, Mohali – Chandigarh (Punjab) – India.
EduCARE India has a Secretariat headed by an Executive Trustee as a Chief Project Director is responsible to oversee the execution of our policy and programmes and for the management and implementation of projects.
The organisation has the following multi-faceted organisational human resource and organisational architecture that can continually contribute visionary, strategic, management, operations and experiential learning support services.
– A Board of Trustees
– Advisors & Resource Professionals
– Program Executive Committees and Mentors
– COM Team
– Volunteer-Intern Teams
The operations and management is administered by team participation of the Directors, Coordinators and the members of the Project Executive Committees, volunteer-professionals and trainees / interns from within India and abroad.