Environment is maybe one of the biggest challenges that India faces today. The drastic increase of population and consumption in both villages and cities has stretched the local ecosystems capacity to absorb these human impacts.
The SWASH program, which is short for “Sanitation of Water, Air and Soil for Healthy Village Life,” is a program of environmental health, for the land and the people who rely in it.
Its goal is to reduce the impact of human activities on water, air, and soil to a minimum. By doing so, the interns participating in EduCARE India internship promotes a healthier and safer environment for all living beings.
SWASH Village is active in three main sectors:
1. Solid Waste Management: trash reduction, collection, reusing, recycling and proper disposal of garbage;
2. Water Sanitation and Conservation: filtration of water, building eco-friendly toilets, improving sewage systems, alternative sources of water;
3. Air pollution reduction: improved stoves, information on air pollutant, reduction of use of oil-powered engine.
The SWASH volunteers/managers have the opportunity to live and work directly in a rural community and contribute to re-mediating some of the most obvious environmental issues: excess trash, lack of proper waste management services, soil degradation, tackle open defecation, poor water sanitation services and shortages in fresh, clean water supply.
At the moment multiple projects are held under the SWASH banner:
- – A rural solid waste management system
- – A water sanitation project to provide safe water to rural local communities
- – Research on waste production and disposal patterns in rural areas
Please click the online application form link to open and fill the form to express your interest in this program, or, do send an email along with your cv and a motivation letter. We will get back to you soon.
SWASH – sanitation, waste management, India rural NGO SWASH – sanitation, waste management, India
SWASH – sanitation, waste management, India – rural india SWASH – sanitation, waste management, India