Reports to: Assistant Director and Project Director
Responsible for: Project Managers and Assistant Managers
Minimum stay: 12 months, Fellows preferred
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the various EduCARE India programs. The Coordinators role is to supervise and support all of the various projects within the program, from conception through to execution and management, throughout the three EduCARE India clusters in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Rajasthan. This is to be done in collaboration with the Project Manager(s) and Assistant Manager(s). Additionally, the Coordinator will ensure the continuity of projects through the transition of Project Manager and Project Assistant Managers, as well as the transition of the budget year and any reorganization (of the program or the organization itself) that may happen in the future.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage online postings for new program interns
- Review and select applicants
- Participate in the induction process of new program interns; which includes sharing the programs documents, mission and philosophy, and assisting in the best project location.
- Coordinate, in collaboration with project managers, the planning and implementation of on-ground projects (e.g Girls club, Young Women’s Association etc) and make sure that they align with the overall mission and objectives of EduCARE India.
- Monitor and evaluate all projects through weekly reports and monthly one on one meetings
- Write and maintain quarterly and yearly reports on program progress, and update Program Manuals regularly.
- Institute new projects and develop innovative management, educational and/or on ground techniques.
- Cultivate and maintain regular communication, through email, phone, and regular meetings between all program interns
- Gather regular feedback from Project Managers and address any concerns and facilitate resource needs.
- Facilitate mediation between program interns to avoid or resolve work disputes
- Manage online communications platforms and external communication networks with other governmental, non-governmental, educational entities.
- Manage social media platforms e.g website, blog, facebook, twitter.
Skills and qualities
- Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Masters in social/political science or relevant subject
- Past experience of working within an NGO
- Past fieldwork experience desired
- Past experience working/living in a developing country desired
- Strong academic research ability
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Ability to plan workload and managed time effectively
- Ability to plan and manage projects simultaneously
- Flexibility in working hours
- Ability to work in difficult settings
- Work without daily direct on ground supervision
- Have a positive attitude that looks for creative solutions to challenges
- Personally seek guidance, direction and support when needed from others
- Be in alignment with the vision, mission and goals of EduCARE India
- Adhere to the organisations Code of Conduct
- Respect the values, attitudes and beliefs of other international volunteers-interns, as well as the communities you live and work in