An Internship is an arrangement between EduCARE India NGO and an intern (student) or with a university / academic institution representing the intern whereby an individual’s educational experience is enhanced through practical assignments and exposure to the work of the Organization. Internships are not intended for work of a continuing and/or operational nature, nor for work generally performed by a staff member. Internships are available for a period of time, ranging from a minimum of four weeks up to a maximum of six months.
An intern is an individual who meets the following criteria:
- is at least twenty years of age on the date of application;
- is enrolled in a bachelor’s, master’s or in a doctoral program; or have graduated within the last 2-years from a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral program;
- is a professional of any age, who wishes to gain development sector work experience and skills in order to shift from corporate sector to non-profit sector.
- is fluent in at least one of the working languages of the office of assignment;
- is not related to a staff member;
- has not previously participated in EduCARE India’s NGO (ONG) internship program at the same location;
- has strong writing, research, and organizational skills to support technical cooperation efforts;
- is able to work independently and demonstrate initiative and flexibility to effectively benefit from an internship at the non-profit.