Information and Knowledge Management Officer
As an applied research and sustainable development NGO, we use an extensive amount of data, information and knowledge resources to support our project managers to plan for and implement various fieldwork and research projects. To ensure that they can help generate and manage appropriate knowledge, constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data within various organisation teams.
EduCARE India faces traditional and new challenges as it works with ViKAAS Centre facility managers in different geographic regions as partners to reach the project managers for substantial improvements in knowledge sharing.
As a newly formed postion, the Information and Knowledge Management Officer will build and lead a team of couple of volunteer-interns as team-members, at the early stages of building iKnowledge management program of services and offerings. The Knowledge Management Officer (KMO) will report to the Operations and Communications Coordinater and will be co-supervised by the (Asst) Project Director.
Some of the envisioned position responsibilities include:
• to help the NGO ensure better organization and flow of project related knowledge
• Extracting Knowledge And Information From Documents Prepared During Projects Planning, Preparation, Implementation, Reporting And Supervision
• Periodic Review Of Project Documents Using Text Analytics Tools And Manual Reading; Also Storing Findings In An Organized And Standardized Manner
• Working With Project Teams And Helping Them Manage And Organize Project Knowledge In A Standardized Manner, While Supporting Them In Mustering Knowledge And Information Required For Project Preparation And Supervision
• main objective is to develop algorithms to analyze qualitative information using advance text analytics methods
• Document Classification, Document Clustering, Keywords Identification, Topic Identification, Text Tagging, Sentiment Analysis Etc.
Research and Data Analytics Support
• Main objective is to provide operational staff with secondary research support on various work topics / sector issues with rapid turnaround
Tasks may include
• Browsing Through Internal And External Available Sources Of Information and To Compile Concise, Readable, And Accurate Summary Of Key Pieces Of Information And Insights
• Supporting Task Teams With Basic To Advanced Data Analytics Ranging From Exploratory Data Analysis To Advance Model Building
Duties and Accountabilities: Information and Knowledge Management Officer
People and Partner Management
• Supervise AN Assistant or A Team Of a couple of KM Analysts, With Full Responsibility Of Their Work Program And Its Delivery
• Responsible For Providing Technical Guidance To The Team On Various Aspects Of The Work Program
• Liaise And Work With Various Internal Members To Identify Synergies In The Area Of KM Across The Organisation. Responsible For Client Development And Management, While Working With The Wider Organization To Maximize Partnership Potential From Each Client (ViKAAS Centre / Affiliate Organisation / Partner)) Relationship
• Develop Strong Working Relationships With Stakeholders Across Operations, Including Regional Offices To Identify Collaboration Opportunities
• Ensure That All Projects Are Delivered On-Time, Within Scope And In Line With Organisational Guidelines
• Lead The Design And Development Of Projects And Products, With Special Focus On Technical Aspects
• Developing Project Scope And Objectives, Involving All Relevant Stakeholders And Ensuring Technical Feasibility
• Ensure Resource Availability And Allocation, And Coordinate Internal Resources For Flawless Execution Of Projects
• Develop A Detailed Project Plan To Track Progress, Including Metrics That Measure The Effectiveness Of KM Products And Services
• Adhere To And Implement Established Service Standards Of Time, Quantity, And Quality.
• Contribute To The Development Of The Organisation’s Knowledge Strategy
• Candidate Will Also Be Expected To Frequently Carry Out Tasks Individually, And Deliver Outputs Of High Quality And In Compliance With Organisational Policies And Procedures. Deliver Independently With Minimal Guidance
• Deliver Impactful Presentations To Senior Management And Other NGO Staff Whenever Required
Criteria: Information and Knowledge Management Officer
Education and Technical
• Undertaking or Completion of A Master’s Degree In Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Or Humanities With Preferable Previous Exposure /Work Experience With Multilateral Organizations, Developmental Institutions, Or Analytics/Consulting Organizations Will Be An Added Advantage.
• Strong Analytical And Conceptual Skills, And Highly Detail Oriented.
• Superior Communication Skills – Written And Oral – Are Critical; Ability To Rapidly Write Reports And Presentations With Clear, Concise, And Impactful Messages Is Essential.
• Advanced Knowledge Of Economic Databases; General Economic / Sectoral Knowledge And Analytical Skills – Possesses A Demonstrated Track Record Of Working With Economic And Sectoral Data, And Analytical Tools And Models To Conduct Economic / Sectoral Analyses To Produce User-Friendly Written Outputs; Understands Underlying Statistical Concepts.
• Ability In Managing And Updating Data Repositories. Solid Working Knowledge Of Handling Large Datasets Using MS. Access And R In A Highly Organized Manner.
• Excellent Quantitative And Analytical Background With A Record Of High Quality Analytical Work In Areas Outlined Above.
• Have Experience In Conducting Secondary Research And Compiling Findings Into Impactful Reports. Ability To Synthesize A Lot Of Information For A Variety Of Audiences. Ability To Write Well With The Objective Of Communicating Complex Ideas And Problems To Non-Expert Audiences.
• Strong Experience Working With Statistical Packages To Deliver On A Variety Of Quantitative Tasks.
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills, With A Strong Command Over MS. Excel; Knowledge Of Tableau And MS SharePoint Will Be A Plus.
• Basic Understanding Of Text Analytics To Analyze Unstructured Qualitative Information Would Be Required.
Project and People – Information and Knowledge Management Officer
• Ability To Juggle Numerous Competing Demands And Priorities, Respond Quickly To Client Requests, And Set Priorities.
• Strong Interpersonal Skills And Ability To Develop Effective Relations Within And Outside The NGO, And To Promote Collaboration Within The Team And Across Centres To Meet Objectives.
• Proficiency In Synthesizing Key Messages From High Level Discussions, Transforming These Into Actionable Statements, And Facilitating/Motivating The Implementation Of Efforts Across A Varied Group Of Stakeholders Is Desirable.
• Takes Quick And Well Thought Through Decisions, Seizes Opportunities To Move Things Forward. Thinks Through The Impact Of Decisions.
• Ability To Operate In Unstructured Environments, With Minimal Guidance, Is Critical.
• The Candidate Should Be Able To Sensitively Operate In Multicultural Environments And Build Effective Working Relations With Clients, Superiors, Colleagues, And Subordinates.
• Promotes Knowledge Sharing Within And Beyond Own Team. Devotes Time To Others, Listens To Their Views. Anticipates The Needs Of Senior Management.
• Experience In Managing A Team Is A Must
• Experience In Managing Client Relationships Is A Must
• Experience Dealing With Senior Management Is A Must
Information and Knowledge Management Officer