“Apart from being a grass-root level community education and sustainable development NGO, EduCARE India is also an institution for applied research and experiential learning for university students, graduates, recent graduates, post-graduates, and young professionals and provides opportunities for Academic Research Internship.”
Academic Research Internship
EduCARE India offers a 4– 24-week research and educational internship with our affiliate partner NGO institution, CIEEL – Centre for International Experiential Education and Learning (www.cieel.org) provide graduate students the opportunity to work with students and development professionals and access to knowledge resources of some govt offices, universities and other organisations in India.
The program is designed for students interested in a career in international development, development management, sociology, anthropology, healthcare, conservation, gender, socio-economic empowerment and education issues, and who desire to have a real-world field experience as a part of their academic training.
Applicants must meet one or the other following requirements:
– enrolled in a university course of study,
– completed at least one graduate-level course in one or more subjects
– provide two letters of recommendation from people familiar with their professional, community service and/or academic work
The Academic / Experiential Research Internship program can be based at 5 locations in India;
- Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh
- Amritsar, Punjab
- Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Pune, Maharashtra
- Kochi, Kerala
About the Program: Academic Research Internship
In a 4 -24 week Academic / Experiential Research Internship program in India, each student selected will be part of a team:
- that includes an experienced professional (an early career staff member from a partner NGO), or,
- that includes a student from any related Masters from an Indian university, and an experienced fellow (an early career staff member from a partner NGO of own culture).
Each team will be assigned a project (based on preferences) and will produce for the institute or/and the partner/host NGO to:
- conduct a field academic / experiential research, or,
- research and develop a detailed project proposal on a particular theme, including a needs appraisal, an implementation plan, budget and cost-benefit analysis.
A considerable amount of time will be spent living in rural or urban areas served by the partner/host NGO, where the intern/team will be required to conduct a field academic research, or, identify gaps in existing responses to community needs and develop plans for responding to them. An additional internship with the host NGO may be arranged for those who need to meet a minimum internship requirement for their degree program.
During the 4-24 week program, professional development and training is offered in:
- Program Analysis; helps students develop the conceptual and practical skills needed for researching and developing a project proposal. Students may register for special topics aligned to their graduate course credits, if available. Professional development offers a series of more informal lectures by interactions with experienced professionals from partner institutions, NGOs and government departments.
- Work with Established NGO Partners; Our partner NGO and its affiliated program organisations have made sustainable development the focus of grass-root level work in few selected areas in India. Through applied research and development over the last decade, these NGOs have developed relationships with numerous NGOs and community groups in the region.
Additionally, online/on-site hybrid certificate courses are available in:
- Environmental Health
- Community Development
- Cross-Cultural Competency
- Gender rights and equality
- Poverty alleviation
- Water Sanitation
- Solid Waste Management
Additional courses will be available in 2017-18.
The academic/experiential research internship program fee starts at an affordable self-sustainable cost of $900 USD. This fee covers organisational legal support, visa documentation/facilitation approvals/support, and admin charges. Primary worksite accommodation, workplace internet, and project related resources are provided at a marginal / discounted cost within this fee. The orientation training, work/research guidance, and mentorship are provided for all interns. All research interns will be responsible for paying their air transportation costs to and from the internship site in India and are urged to contact their appropriate school or departmental officials for information on available travel support or sponsorship.
EduCARE India is continuously interested in developing and creating partnerships with International and Indian universities. We continuously work to create institutional networks to provide research possibilities such as study trips, bachelor, and master thesis as well as doctoral dissertations.
If you or your University is interested in a cooperation with our organisation please contact us at – email@example.com
Academic Research Internship Focus
The focus of academic/experiential research investigation is the assessment and description of global effects on individuals and communities towards personal, institutional and cross-cultural development and solutions. With a focus on interdisciplinary research levels and vary from ethics, spirituality, politics, society, psychology, health management, and culture. By means of research, related events and publications of global thinking and awareness will be emphasised to encourage the cultivation of sustainable development and peace.
SOME OF THE Research Internship Fields
- Cultural Studies und Humanities: Intercultural Communication studies, Intercultural Psychology, International Peace & Conflict Studies,
- Transdisciplinary Gender Issues
- Micro-finance, Micro-entrepreneurship and Poverty Alleviation
- Alternative Education and Informal Learning
- Management: Global Management, Organisation development, Cultural Management
- Tourism: Eco-Tourism and Sustainability, Environmental Tourism
- Health and Social sciences: Social Work, Nursing and Health Care Management
- Environmental Sciences: Renewable energies, Environmental studies, Ecology and Environmental Management
- Future Studies
- Public Healthcare and Community-based Preventive Healthcare
- Maternal Health and Childcare
- Any other related field of research
How to Apply?
To apply, please send a motivation letter with your resume to us at – firstname.lastname@example.org, proposed research topic(s) and related questions. We will send you a detailed customised application form and further information.
If you are having problems regarding the documentation and communications at any stage, you may send an email directly to us at email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will receive a final admissions decision from the program coordinator on a rolling basis. The program currently accepts a limited number of participants. Criteria for admission includes educational and professional background, motivation and leadership skills, relevance of the program to personal career goals, and overall commitment to participation in the program.
Selected research papers and articles will be published in the Journal for International Experiential Education and Learning (JiEEL). We are looking forward to your contribution. Please find more information and possible research topics here.
To apply for an academic research internship, please write to the Internship Coordinator at – email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org