Ecology and Environment Conservation program focuses on nature and natural resource conservation through a variety of grass-roots level projects including waste management and composting, organic farming, forestry, renewable and alternative energy, green micro-business, organic and nature friendly household product production and sale, eco-tourism solutions, etc.
Ecology and Environment Conservation program is intended to corrector mitigate the damages resulting from uncontrolled global economic development and industrialization that has created or has potential to create big eco-systemic degradation in the countryside. The aptitude demonstrated by numerous rural societies for exploiting their environments over the long term while preserving their potential needs be recognized and their specific, detailed knowledge incorporated into environmental projects. It is a mistake to conclude that rural people do not care about environmental problems; it’s that they often lack the new systems, processes and organisational resources to take needed action in the changed scenario. Active participation of rural dwellers requires that measures taken do not reduce their incomes or resources in the short term. Rural development projects must assure protection of the environment while taking into account the interests of diverse categories of rural dwellers, such as farmers, herders, or shop-keepers.
Management of natural resources and preservation of ecological balance are perceived today as essential elements of sustainable rural development. Our Ecology and Environment Conservation program supports the following Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs
- Goal 6 Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7 Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11 Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 13 Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts*
- Goal 14 Conserve and sustain-ably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15 Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustain-ably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
Ecology and Environment Conservation projects :
Visit our blog to read about our current fieldwork: