Digital Media Strategy and Communications Manager (Intern)
Location: Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India
Duration: 3 to 6 months (extendable to paid Fellowship)
Reporting to: Communications Coordinator / Director, Strategy and Development
Stipend: Unpaid during internship (basic living expenses stipend and additional performance based commission during Fellowship)
Job Offer after Internship: Stipend Paid Fellowship / Performance-Based
Organisation: EduCARE India NGO works in varied geographic and demographic regions of India with local communities and interest groups to develop innovative solutions for local area and regional sustainable development. Alongside, EduCARE India NGO and its affiliates also work to reach out to engage the local disadvantaged and marginalised population groups for capacity building – to help them fulfill their potential.
Our motto is – New age, new issues – new ideas, new solutions
Job Description: EduCARE India NGO is looking for a Social Media Intern to fill a volunteer-internship position in our NGO and its affiliate initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or Final Year Student to join our team in Delhi or at Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
The Digital Media Strategy Desk at EduCARE India within the Communication Department comprises Digital Web and Social Media teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, Digital Media Strategy Desk at EduCARE India draws attention to the many facets of NGO and its affiliate organisations’ work, encouraging public participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Digital Media Strategy Desk at EduCARE India provides opportunities for university students, recent graduates or professionals who seeks to work with an NGO platform like pours as Digital Social Media Intern to take responsibility for assisting the Digital Web and Social Media work by managing daily content production and strategy.
How can you make a difference?
The EduCARE India NGO Internship Programme offers eligible/qualified students and young professionals with an opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in media work in the NGO team working under the supervision of or in assistance of an experienced staff or in some instances independently. This internship is for the purpose of experiential learning, acquiring organizational knowledge of rules, regulations and processes to supplement academic and theoretical knowledge, and/or for work experience.
- Support production of compelling content for NGO and its affiliates’ global social media channels.
- Help optimize EduCARE India and its affiliates’ global social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Help schedule, proofread and check social media and digital content for accuracy and timeliness.
- Support with the development, output and monitoring of day-to-day content, including sometimes video streaming and analytics.
- Help moderate social media channels, flagging risk and opportunities to deepen engagement.
- Upload digital and social materials as needed to internal content sharing platforms
- Provide ideas and inputs into NGO and its affiliates’ regional and global campaigns.
- Other tasks as discussed and agreed upon with the supervisor
To qualify, you will have/must be…
- Enrolled in or be a recent graduate with an advanced/undergraduate university degree in the area of communication, social science, international development, international relations, or related fields.
- Completed at least two years of full-time studies of the undergraduate degree.
- Proven copy editing skills and ability to write flawless copy on tight deadlines.
- An excellent academic performance, as demonstrated by academic records.
- Previous relevant work experience in digital social media, marketing or video production is an asset.
- Experience of blogging or writing content for a variety of audiences is highly desirable.
- Strong creative disposition and understanding of what’s ‘shareable’ online.
- Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time.
- Must be fluent in English. Knowledge of another official language (French, German, Italian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every global citizen, you demonstrate…
EduCARE cIndia NGO and its affiliates’ core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
Living Conditions and Working Environment: The intern will work at EduCARE India NGO office at Dharamshala or New Delhi in India. S/he will work with the Digital / Social Media Team and report to the supervisor of this internship. S/he is not expected to travel out of this duty station during the assignment. A flexible workspace will be provided. The intern will be expected to participate in team meetings, as well as other organisational meetings of interest, including the seminar series and trainings for volunteer-interns. Guidance will be provided on a regular basis. The accommodations and food are arranged / managed by the NGO staff / partner homestay families.
If accepted, the intern will be required to provide a copy of health insurance coverage and to fill out the relevant NGO forms on conditions regarding service as an intern.
Screening / Selection: EduCARE India NGO and its affiliates are committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
The opportunities are open and recruitment is ongoing.