Digital Media and Communications Intern
Location: Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India
Duration: 3 to 6 months (extendable to paid Fellowship)
Reporting to: Communications Coordinator / Director, Strategy and Development
Stipend: Unpaid during internship (basic living expenses stipend and additional performance based commission during Fellowship)
Job Offer after Internship: Stipend Paid Fellowship / Performance-Based
Organisation: EduCARE India NGO works in varied geographic and demographic regions of India with local communities and interest groups to develop innovative solutions for local area and regional sustainable development. Alongside, EduCARE India NGO and its affiliates also work to reach out to engage the local disadvantaged and marginalised population groups for capacity building – to help them fulfill their potential.
Our motto is – New age, new issues – new ideas, new solutions
Job Description: EduCARE India NGO is looking for a Social Media Intern to fill a volunteer-internship position in our NGO and its affiliate initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or Final Year Student to join our team in Delhi or at Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the NGO or its affiliate’s digital media and communications strategy, working across key social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blog sites and YouTube.
This role offers the intern a total immersion into the NGO initiatives on sustainable development and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external partners and customers to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a business to business environment.
This role will be instrumental in increasing our digital and social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and customers.
- Familiarity with key digital / social media platforms
- Understanding of various Social Media Management & analytics tools
- Fair understanding of Computers & all basic software
- Basic Knowledge of Graphic & video editing software & tools
- Possess an understanding of Digital / Social Media & communications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented including proofreading skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Possess high integrity and ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new software and skills
- Experience in Content Development
- Interest in / Experience in Digital marketing
- Driven by results
- Ability to work hands-on in a start-up environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Determined self-starter with a positive attitude
- Can show initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Is resourceful & problem solver
Living Conditions and Working Environment: The intern will work at EduCARE India NGO office at Dharamshala or New Delhi in India. S/he will work with the Digital / Social Media Team and report to the supervisor of this internship. S/he is not expected to travel out of this duty station during the assignment. A flexible workspace will be provided. The intern will be expected to participate in team meetings, as well as other organisational meetings of interest, including the seminar series and trainings for volunteer-interns. Guidance will be provided on a regular basis. The accommodations and food are arranged / managed by the NGO staff / partner homestay families.
If accepted, the intern will be required to provide a copy of health insurance coverage and to fill out the relevant NGO forms on conditions regarding service as an intern.
Screening / Selection: EduCARE India NGO and its affiliates are committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
The opportunities are open and recruitment is ongoing.